We are honored to have you as a golf guest at NorthRiver Yacht Club. Please take a moment to review our Golf Guest Expectations below. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call 205-343-4507.
Contact Information & Directions
NorthRiver Yacht Club - Golf Club Building (Golf shop, Fitness Center, Golf View Dining Room, Indoor/Outdoor Pool, Jade Room, General Club Management)
3100 Yacht Club Way NE
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406 United States
General Club: 205-343-4581
Golf Shop: 205-343-4507
Email: [email protected]
From Birmingham, going west to Tuscaloosa, I-20 turns into I-59. From I-59 heading into Tuscaloosa, take the McFarland Boulevard exit, which is also Highway 82 West. Go through 7 traffic lights on Hwy. 82, and then you will cross one bridge. Look for and take the Rice Mine Road Exit. You will approach a traffic light; go left on Rice Mine Road. Continue on Rice Mine Road about 3 miles. When you reach an intersection with a CVS Pharmacy, turn right. NorthRiver is approximately 3 ½ miles on the left. Driving Range to left, Golf Club building and Tennis Center to right. The Yacht Club building, located at 2500 Yacht Club NE, will be ahead (passing Golf Club to right), around the fountain, just pass The Jack Warner at NorthRiver.
Golf Guest Expectations
NorthRiver Yacht Club is a family-friendly, inclusive club that provides enjoyable, high quality, service-focused experiences in world-class facilities. The club is committed to enhancing and creating an atmosphere of respect among all members and staff.
- All golfers must check in at the golf shop before beginning play or arriving at practice areas.
- Starting times are required for all play. Reservations may be made online or by calling the golf shop up to ten days in advance.
- Individual guests are restricted to play once per month regardless of accompaniment. These restrictions do not apply to special events or tournaments. Out of town guests are permitted to play a total of 12 times over the course of a calendar year.
- Bermuda-length shorts, slacks and shirts with sleeves and collars are suitable golf course attire for men and boys. Men's shirts are to be tucked in at all times and all hats are to be worn with brim facing forward. Proper attire for women golfers are Bermuda-length shorts, slacks, shirts with collars and sleeveless shirts with collars. Turtlenecks and fleece shirts will be permitted in cool weather. Blue jeans, cut-offs, short shorts, tank tops and tee shirts are not permitted.
- Proper language and sportsmanship is expected at all times.
- Music is allowed on the course but please remember that music should be heard by only you and not other players on the course.
- No on-course practice is permitted on the fairways or greens at any time.
- Five-somes are allowed only with prior approval by the Head Golf Professional.
- The expected pace of play is 4 hours and 10 minutes. Groups are encouraged to let faster players play thru if there are open holes in front of them.
- Chipping and pitching must be confined to the Wee Links and not the practice putting green.
- Repair ball marks, rake bunkers, fill your divots with the top soil mixture, and place all litter in the proper receptacles.
- No fishing is allowed in golf course lakes and ponds.
- Private golf/utility carts are not allowed on the golf course.
- No outside food items, beverages, or beverage coolers are allowed on the course property, other than those purchased from NorthRiver facilities.
- Carts can only be operated by licensed drivers and must adhere to the daily cart path policy. Golf carts are not to be used for more than two passengers and two golf bags at any one time.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the men's or ladies' locker rooms unless accompanied by a parent and closely supervised.