Thank you for supporting our golf expectations
Your commitment is genuinely appreciated and commended. Please call 205-343-4507 with any questions regarding NorthRiver Golf Expectations.
NorthRiver Yacht Club is a family-friendly, inclusive club that provides enjoyable, high quality, service-focused member experiences in world-class facilities. The club is committed to enhancing the value of your membership and creating an atmosphere of respect among all members and staff.
- All golfers must check in at the golf shop before beginning play or arriving at practice areas. If walking to the Wee Links or practice range, a phone call is acceptable.
- Starting times are required for all play. Reservations may be made online or by calling the golf shop up to ten days in advance.
- Members are allowed to bring the SAME in-town guest only once per month paying applicable green fee. Individual guests are restricted to play once per month regardless of accompaniment. These restrictions do not apply to special events or tournaments. Out of town guests are permitted to play a total of 12 times over the course of a calendar year.
- Bermuda-length shorts, slacks and shirts with sleeves and collars are suitable golf course attire for men and boys. Men's shirts are to be tucked in at all times and all hats are to be worn with brim facing forward. Proper attire for women golfers are Bermuda-length shorts, slacks, shirts with collars and sleeveless shirts with collars. Turtlenecks and fleece shirts will be permitted in cool weather. Blue jeans, cut-offs, short shorts, tank tops and tee shirts are not permitted.
- Proper language and sportsmanship is expected at all times.
- NorthRiver Sports and Social members are allowed to play one round per month by paying applicable green fee. Use of golf practice areas is unlimited with a $15/day fee regardless of age. These restrictions would not be applicable for special events or tournaments.
- Music is allowed on the course but please remember that music should be heard by only you and not other players on the course.
- No on-course practice is permitted on the fairways or greens at any time.
- Five-somes are allowed only with prior approval by the Head Golf Professional.
- The expected pace of play is 4 hours and 10 minutes. Groups are encouraged to let faster players play thru if there are open holes in front of them.
- Chipping and pitching must be confined to the Wee Links and not the practice putting green.
- Repair ball marks, rake bunkers, fill your divots with the top soil mixture, and place all litter in the proper receptacles.
- No fishing is allowed in golf course lakes and ponds.
- Limit the use of cart path for walking and running to times before 8 a.m. and no earlier than one hour before sundown. Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, etc. are not allowed on cart paths.
- Private golf/utility carts are not allowed on the golf course.
- No outside food items, beverages, or beverage coolers are allowed on the course property, other than those purchased from NorthRiver facilities.
- Carts can only be operated by licensed drivers and must adhere to the daily cart path policy. Golf carts are not to be used for more than two passengers and two golf bags at any one time.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the men's or ladies' locker rooms unless accompanied by a parent and closely supervised.